Monday, February 20, 2012

COOLRUNNINGS - Dracula Is Only The Beginning



I originally checked out COOLRUNNINGS because of the obvious name relation to the movie, plus the unique cover. Right from the beginning they hit you strong, with their best song in my opinion "Chorus." It's a little difficult to pinpoint their genre upon first listen. I first thought a mix of Animal Collective & Yeasayer, but then I kept being surprised with indie rock to electro. It's a pretty solid listen to all the way through. 


According to the tags on their Bandcamp they are guitarded, post-rad, pro-choice, and shifty punk from Knoxville, Tennessee. What ever that means. Another notable track is: Dracula Is Only The Beginning, but the rest of the album sounds much different than these two tracks I mentioned. You can buy the "Dracula Is Only The Beginning" LP here. ($15 plus $5 shipping) (Limited to 100 copies). Looks like they also have 4 other EP's on their bandcamp website which I haven't check out yet. Here's also a remix of them by Star Slinger. Listen to their album below though.


Also if you listen to the end of the last song on the album you are in for a surprise. I can't you what it is though. Not nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment