Friday, February 17, 2012

King Tuff - Was Dead - Limited LP Repress


Jebus, I'm excited about this garage pop re-issue. King Tuff - Was Dead, distributed through Burger Records and released under Colonel Records. This album is hang tested and dude approved! It's also limited to only 100 copies so you better act fast! I've been looking for a copy of this for some time now but haven't had any luck. Original LP copies easily go for $40+ online. 

This is the second press on black wax, and the third press in total. I believe the first edition was on pink wax?? $20 plus $3 shipping gets you a copy. Buy here. $40 plus $3 shipping gets you the album plus a personalized drawing from King Tuff himself. You tell him what to draw and he will draw it. Buy here. That's a pretty cool idea, but I don't think I want a $20 drawing, maybe a $5 drawing.. 

EDIT: SOLD OUT!
EDIT: You can still purchase @ Colonel Records.



4 comments:

  1. That Colonel records link still good? Seems crazy that they still have copies available at that small of a pressing...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it actually is! Not too many people know about that I guess. I saw this Colonel repress go for like $36 or something recently on ebay too.. I just bought it from there 1-2 months ago. They state it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery though. It took that long!

      Delete
  2. exactly...the going rate on Ebay/Discogs is $45+ for the repress! Great to know that I might finally get a copy. Then new LP is up for pre-order on SubPop right now also. Keep up the great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they seem to have copies of the 'Wild Desire' 7" in black still in stock at SubPop. If you're looking for that.

    ReplyDelete